GET AIRLINE TICKETS, TRAVEL GEAR, CASH, TOURS, CAR RENTAL, EURAIL PASSES, & MORE!
Sorry kids, but this contest is over! You can see a list of weekly finalists here. When we have a grand prize winner, we'll post it there and here.
Along with eight other top independent travel sites, Perceptive Travel is giving away the ultimate traveler's treat - an around the world trip with a plane full of prizes!
We're giving our readers the chance to take off, big time, by putting their travel knowledge to the test and inviting them to enter our contest. The challenge? Guess the route of where the Round the World journey will take them.
* Here's where the winner is headed. Week 1: NYC. Week 2: London. Week 3: Paris. Week 4: Europe overland. Week 5: Bangkok. Week 6: Thailand and Cambodia. Week 7: Hong Kong. Week 8: Los Angeles. Check the main entry page for more details.
* Round-the-world airfare for two from the BootsnAll Travel Network
* A Southeast Asia tour for two from All Points East
* One year of travel insurance from World Nomads
* One-week First Class Eurail passes
* Four hotel nights from Anantara
* Two BRX luggage sets from Briggs & Riley
* Head-to-toe travel clothing from ExOfficio
* One-week rental car in Europe from Auto Europe
* Shoes from Lowa Boots
* $500 in spending money from Transitions Abroad
* Two pairs of Serengeti Eyewear sunglasses with Polar PHD lenses
* A grab bag of useful apps and guidebooks
With prizes this big, we do need some time to find the perfect travelers to win our prizes so participants have 8 weeks to enter. Here's how it works.
Each week, participants guess the destination from the provided clues and enter online. One random winner will be chosen from the correct answers each week and awarded a weekly prize. After eight weeks—with eight chances to win—everyone will know the route and there will be eight finalists. One of those eight finalists will win the Grand Prize package for two while two more winners will receive the First and Second Prize awards!
Besides Perceptive Travel, Here are Your Hosts:
BootsnAll Travel Network is the traveler's one-stop indie travel guide, which began publishing travel on the web in 1998.
ConsumerTraveler.com is the web home of the Consumer Travel Alliance, which fights in Washington for reform of air travel, rollback of fees and for airline passenger's rights.
GoNOMAD.com provides travelers with inspiration and links to plan their trips.
JohnnyJet.com is the home of intrepid traveler John DiScala, who flies more than 150,000 miles a year and provides comprehensive articles about everywhere he goes.
Practical Travel Gear is the top blog for daily reviews of travel gear and travel clothing.
TransitionsAbroad.com (founded in 1977 as the print magazine) provides articles, resources, and program listings for long-term travelers seeking to work, live, volunteer, or study abroad.
Travelfish.org is the go-to guide for Southeast Asia, with daily articles and iPhone apps you can download to give you details about any country in their region.
Wanderlust and Lipstick is THE destination for women's travel including tours, guidebooks and practical information.