Perceptive Travel is partnering with a bunch of cool independent travel sites to sponsor a MONSTER giveaway – a trip around the world with all the gear and goodies you need to do it in style!
We’re giving our readers the chance to take off, big time, by putting their travel knowledge to the test and inviting them to enter our contest. The challenge? Guess the route where the Round the World journey will take you.
The Grand Prize winner will receive the following:
* Round-the-world airfare for two from the BootsnAll Travel Network
* A Southeast Asia tour for two from All Points East
* One year of travel insurance from World Nomads
* One-week First Class Eurail passes
* Four hotel nights from Anantara
* Two BRX luggage sets from Briggs & Riley
* Head-to-toe travel clothing from ExOfficio
* One-week rental car in Europe from Auto Europe
* Shoes from Lowa Boots
* $500 in spending money from Transitions Abroad
* $500 in spending money from HoboTraveler.com
* Two pairs of Serengeti Eyewear sunglasses with Polar PHD lenses
* A grab bag of useful apps and guidebooks
Don’t despair if you don’t end up as top dog, because even if you don’t snag the biggie, there’s still….
** First Prize – $2000 in airfare to go anywhere in the world from 1800FlyEurope.
** Second Prize – Roundtrip travel anywhere in the continental United States on Southwest Airlines.
With prizes this big, we do need some time to find the perfect travelers to win our prizes, so participants have 8 weeks to enter. Here’s how it works:
Each week, participants guess the destination from the provided clues and enter online. One random winner will be chosen from the correct answers each week and awarded a weekly prize. After eight weeks—with eight chances to win—everyone will know the route and there will be eight finalists. One of those eight finalists will win the Grand Prize package for two, while two more winners will receive the First and Second Prize awards.
The contest goes live….today! (April 18)
Yup, you can ENTER NOW!
More about our fellow contest hosts:
BootsnAll Travel Network is the traveler’s one-stop indie travel guide, which began publishing travel on the web in 1998.
ConsumerTraveler.com is the web home of the Consumer Travel Alliance, which fights in Washington for reform of air travel, rollback of fees and for airline passenger’s rights.
GoNOMAD.com provides travelers with inspiration and links to plan their trips.
HoboTraveler.com is Andy Graham’s information-packed site compiled and continuously updated by a man who never stops traveling himself.
JohnnyJet.com is the home of intrepid traveler John DiScala, who flies more than 150,000 miles a year and provides comprehensive articles about everywhere he goes.
Practical Travel Gear is the top blog for daily reviews of travel gear and travel clothing.
TransitionsAbroad.com (founded in 1977 as the print magazine) provides articles, resources, and program listings for long-term travelers seeking to work, live, volunteer, or study abroad.
Travelfish.org is the go-to guide for Southeast Asia, with daily articles and iPhone apps you can download to give you details about any country in their region.
Wanderlust and Lipstick is THE destination for women’s travel including tours, guidebooks and practical information.
Go ahead, ENTER NOW!
(If you like this post, please consider subscribing to the blog via RSS feed or by email – the email signup box is at the top of the right sidebar near the Search box. Thanks!)
Latest posts by Sheila Scarborough (see all)
- Discovering Nashville at Hatch Show Print - November 20, 2014
- Mountainous Nebraska and the Oregon Trail at Scotts Bluff - October 22, 2014
- Can the Hotel Itself Be the Destination? - October 16, 2014
- 220 Tons of Daily Life in the 1850s: Steamboat Arabia - September 24, 2014