I’ve written here before about how my husband was a Suitcase Swami by getting everything into a carry-on for one of his conferences – could I do it myself?
You bet, because these days, it’s me versus the airlines.
No way will I pay American Airlines to check my luggage, only to have it possibly lost or abused when I really need to look well-dressed (and I was giving a keynote presentation and workshop at the second conference.)
The video below was filmed with my Flip camera as I unpacked the suitcase from the trip. Here’s what I took:
- 3 pair of trousers
- 2 skirts
- 6 tops
- 4 cardigan sweaters (rather than stiffer, hard-to-pack suit jackets)
- 1 jersey knit blazer-style jacket
- 3 pair of shoes
- 1 lined windbreaker
- 1 T-shirt to sleep in
- scarves, jewelry, spare glasses, toiletries kit, quart-sized bag for liquids
Light, light, light. Pare down the shoes. Pay for a light, well-constructed suitcase (I use a Travelpro Rollaboard.)
Here’s the URL of the how to pack video if you’re an RSS reader or can’t see the box below.
Latest posts by Sheila Scarborough (see all)
- Bet You’ve Never Seen a Musical Instrument Like This - January 28, 2015
- Tips for Better Instagram Travel Photos - January 15, 2015
- The Best Gift is Time to Think - December 24, 2014
- Savoring the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman - December 18, 2014