Looks like the holiday season is in full throttle now, with everyone focusing on shopping, planning, and organizing their Christmas holidays. Sometimes with all the holiday hype, it’s hard to remember that a large percentage of the world can barely put food on their table, let alone buy extravagent presents and travel long distances to gather with family and friends.
This year, some Seattle based travelbloggers – Pam Mandel from Nerd’s Eye View, Beth Whitman of Wanderlust and Lipstick, Debbie Dubrow from Delicious Baby, and Michelle Duffy of WanderMom - (all of whom I include amongst my cyber-friends) have created Passports with Purpose, a travelblogging fundraiser for the Heifer Foundation. It’s a great way of giving something to those who have very little.
The Heifer Foundation, for those who don’t know, is a nonprofit organization that seeks to eliminate hunger and poverty around the globe.
Here’s how Passports with Purpose will work…
- - Various travelbloggers from around cyberspace (and the world) have spent the last couple of weeks gathering great prizes to raffle off.
- - Starting tomorrow (1st December) each of these travelbloggers will post about Passports with Purpose on their blog, along with the prize that they have procured.
- - Readers are invited to purchase raffle tickets (at $10 each) throughout the month of December at the FirstGiving.com account set up for Passports with Purpose.
- - An established raffle committee will pick the all prize winners on 30th December 2008.
- - The proceeds of the raffle sales (minus minimal transaction fees to FirstGiving.com) will go directly to the Heifer Foundation.
Stop back tomorrow to see the full list of participating travel blogs and the prizes on offer, as well as exactly where to go to purchase a ticket or two…
(This is cross-posted on my Write to Travel blog)
Latest posts by Liz Lewis (see all)
- Five Quirky Places to Stay in New Zealand’s North Island - January 12, 2015
- Reading Cuba: Books for the Armchair Traveler - December 22, 2014
- Fun and Practical Xmas Stocking Stuffers for Travel Photographers - December 8, 2014
- Seven Quirky Places to Stay in New Zealand’s South Island - November 23, 2014