For anyone who wants to kick those Monday blues, here are a few helpful travel tips and links….
General Travel Advice
- 20 fabulous food festivals, in the UK’s Guardian.
- On Mashable, 25+ Tools for a Road Trip 2.0
- Find top Native American music online at NativeRadio
- Travel on a budget — Arthur Frommer says that economic problems are resulting in unexpected good deals on cruises and Las Vegas casino-resorts that are desperate for your business.
- Then again, a cruise during hurricane season can mean unexpected alterations in itinerary, so I don’t think the passenger mutiny because of Tropical Storm Hanna will be too successful.
- The money crunch means an upsurge in camping near Chicago. Are any of our readers planning to haul out the ol’ tent and sleeping bags to save some money?
- From BootsnAll, 9 TV chefs whose restaurants you can actually eat in
Places to Wander
- See more of Japan; save money and travel freely with a Japan Rail Pass
- Europe‘s best rooftop bars, in the Guardian, plus fall beer festivals in Europe from About.com
- 5 tips for women on what to wear in India….plus Beth also scores versatile shoes for women who travel. Get it all in a carry-on; cut down on extraneous footwear!
- Readers help National Geographic Traveler bloggers find the good stuff on Tybee Island, Georgia
- Cruising the Nile in Egypt, from the Sydney Morning Herald.
- In San Francisco (naturally) find organic bars for your cocktail hour
- Travel the Silk Road on a magic carpet ride through the ‘Stans
- Air travel got you down? Check out four great USA rail journeys
- Matsuri Da! When women carry the Shinto shrines in Japanese festivals
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm a writer and speaker specializing in tourism, travel and social media. NHRA drag racing fan. Co-founder of Tourism Currents. U.S. Navy veteran. Caffeinated.
Latest posts by Sheila Scarborough (see all)
- I’ve Got Sunshine on a Cloudy Day at Detroit’s Motown Museum - March 25, 2015
- Favorite Travel Apps From SXSW Interactive - March 19, 2015
- How to See a Major Museum in One Hour - February 25, 2015
- Forever West in Cheyenne, Wyoming - February 19, 2015