A quick roundup of some of the best travel on the Web….
- Lots of London: A blog-by-blog guide to shopping in London, where to find organic food in London, how to cut your theater ticket costs and from TimeOut London we have 50 best unsung museums and great walks.
- Inspired by le Tour: 10 top cycle rides in Europe
- Not a cyclist? Try the traveller’s guide to surfing Europe
- Passing time in Skopje, Macedonia
- There’s plenty of summer left to do the Mediterranean like a local and here are five good hotels near ferry ports.
- Hip hotels in Helsinki, Finland
- Rick Steves pauses for an evening in Istanbul
- Visit the newest nation in Europe – Kosovo
- Breakfast in Sydney
- How Hong Kong has changed
- High tea and great expectations at Raffles Hotel, Singapore
- Many more Asian tourists are flocking to Japan; are they also checking out Japanese surf culture near Kamakura? (Related Perceptive Travel post – a pause at Vahana’s near Zushi Beach, south of Tokyo.)
- Across the Pacific: Roz Savage is rowing across and on Twitter the whole way
- Beautiful beaches in Uruguay
- Beaches, biking and birds at the Indiana Dunes (yes, Indiana has dunes.)
- San Francisco: a less-visited section that is also less expensive, and SF hotels for the anti-tourist
- Uptake features 13 favorite festivals in the U.S.
- Here’s how you get into New York’s pricey Museum of Modern Art for free/zilch/nada/zip
- Way too much fun in New Orleans: the Tales of the Cocktail conference and the Museum of the American Cocktail
- Dim sum in Houston and other highlights in Texas on the Texas Highways blog
- 36 hours in Providence, Rhode Island
- Mark the date: August 23rd for a Twilight Tour at Frank Lloyd Wright’s Fallingwater home in Pennsylvania
- You will feel like jelly, but in a good way: mud baths in Calistoga, California
- US distinctive destinations, from the National Trust for Historic Preservation
- A musical rafting trip down the Rio Grande River, Texas
The following two tabs change content below.
I'm a writer and speaker specializing in tourism, travel and social media. NHRA drag racing fan. Co-founder of Tourism Currents. U.S. Navy veteran. Caffeinated.
Latest posts by Sheila Scarborough (see all)
- Savoring the Grand Ole Opry at the Ryman - December 18, 2014
- Austin Rocks: Treasures at the Harry Ransom Center - November 26, 2014
- Discovering Nashville at Hatch Show Print - November 20, 2014
- Mountainous Nebraska and the Oregon Trail at Scotts Bluff - October 22, 2014